Maine Green Power is a voluntary program that provides Mainers with the option to support the growth of local renewable energy — creating local jobs, encouraging sustainable innovation and preserving our state’s natural beauty.
When you join Maine Green Power, you’ll join a program committed to the values that reflect who we are as Mainers:
Sustainable: Make a difference by lowering your electricity-based carbon footprint.
Local: Support renewable energy sourced from Maine renewable projects.
Transparent: Enroll without contract or installation hassles. Cancel anytime.
Affordable: Pay an additional $8.95/block on your monthly electric bill.
No matter who you select as your electricity supplier, you can join over 2,000 Mainers in supporting local renewable energy projects by enrolling in Maine Green Power.
1. Electricity is generated and fed into the New England electricity grid
2. You get your power from your chosen competitive supplier or the standard offer
3. You have the option of adding Maine Green Power to your existing electricity service
4. You receive a bill for your electricity service with Maine Green Power as an added line item
5. Maine Green Power uses the revenue to pay Maine generators for their RECs
6. You support Maine renewable energy through your Maine Green Power REC purchase
Over the years, Maine Green Power has sourced renewable energy from the following Maine projects:
Every year, Maine Green Power donates a portion of renewable energy to local Maine events — helping them match their electricity use with clean energy. At Maine Green Power, we call that “greening an event.” Over the years, we have been lucky to give back to the community by greening the following Maine events:
To green your event, contact us at info@MEgreenpower.com.
In order to keep the program affordable, Maine Green Power may also source RECs outside of Maine if the cost exceeds $6.50/REC. Although this market scenario is rare, we want to be transparent. See our full disclaimer below:
Disclaimer: If the weighted average price of Maine-located RECs is greater than $6.50/REC, then REC supply may be procured from NEPOOL-registered resources outside of Maine. If the weighted average price of program-eligible, NEPOOL-located RECs is greater than $6.50/REC, then, subject to MPUC approval, REC supply may be procured from any state that contains a portion of the PJM interconnect territory.